Sunday, December 13, 2009

That's a long time

Second City had it's 50th anniversary celebration this weekend. 50th. That is unbelievable for a comedy group. Fifty years really means something and for Second City it is pretty evident. They helped produce almost every great comedian for the last well, the last 50 years. And they still are doing it. Four years ago I went to go see a show, and the guy that I thought was the funniest is now a writer for SNL and on Sonic Commercials. I remember the first time I saw him and just thought that it was the coolest thing.

But I am real happy for Second City. I think its great that they can still stay afloat in these times. It just goes to show that laughter may really be the best medicine out there.

Here is an article with some great pictures from the festivities:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-091211-second-city-reunion-pictures,0,3913056.photogallery

jimmy

No comments: