Wednesday, November 18, 2009

some deep shit

I heart comedy. I do.

Comedy is the only thing that has remained consistent in my life. I have always loved to laugh and I have always loved to make people laugh. This love of mine is the sole reason that I have met the people I know call my Friends. My college improv group, The Studio 013 Refugees, is how I met my best friends and the people who have the most influence on my comedic style. The years I have spent working with them have been some of my best.

Now, in my third year in the group, my comedy has grown. I have reached far beyond my comfort level and by doing that, I have made my pastime even more apart of my life.

Doing comedy in college is a very odd feeling. During parts, all I can think about is how much I would love to do comedy for the rest of my life. Then at others, a feeling sets in that I'm going to college for a reason and that its not comedy. It doesn't really get me down, but it gives me more freedom to explore because I know that i may not be doing this forever.


For that reason, I consider college comedians some of the most experimental group out there, and that is what this blog is for, to showcase that freedom to experiment.

jimmy

No comments: